Let your family and friends know you’re thinking of them this Easter with this super cute and easy Easter bunny greeting card.
Perhaps you’re attending an Easter party or an Easter egg hunt, then this card is the perfect way to offer a thank you message to your hosts!
You could also make this card with your children for grandparents, teachers or as part of an Easter hamper. It really is so simple and versatile but incredibly cute and effective!
Watch this video to see how I made it, and read below for in depth instuctions.
What Do You Write Inside Easter Cards?
If you are struggling for the perfect greeting to use inside your handmade Easter bunny card, then here are some examples for you.
- Have a Happy, Hoppy Easter!
- Happy Easter and God Bless!
- Wishing you sunshine, good vibes and a happy Easter!
However you wish to personalise your Easter card, with this adorable hand made bunny design, your recipient will be sure to love it!
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure here
Easter Bunny Greeting Card Supplies
To make your own Easter bunny card, you will need:
- 2 sheets of a4 card (I used white, but you can use whatever colour you like)
- One sheet of shiny gold card
- A craft knife and cutting pad (find one on Amazon here)
- A roll of jute twine (I used this, from Amazon)
- 1 white pom pom
- Some scissors
- PVA Glue
- A pencil
I made a simple bunny template by drawing around 2 different sized cups, and then adding some ears. I find drawing around a template helps to minimise any errors on your card.
Before we get started making your adorable Easter bunny greeting card, dont forget to Pin it! Click this save button to save and share this idea to Pinterest!
Easter Bunny Greeting Card Method
1. First, you need to fold both pieces of a4 card in half.
2. Take one of your folded pieces of card, then carefully draw around your bunny template.
3. Next you need to use your craft knife to cut out the bunny shape. Please take extra care during this step! Make sure you keep your card on your cutting mat and put the knife back in to the blade protector after use. Children will need adult supervision for this.
4. Use your scissors to cut enough lengths of the jute twine to cover one side of your folded card.
5. Now you need to glue the second piece of folded card inside the one you cut the bunny from. Only glue the back piece, leave the front unglued for now.
6. Glue the lengths of jute twine to the card. Like this.
7. Trim the ends of your twine if needed to make sure they dont poke out of the edge.
8. Fold the outer cover over with the bunny cut out and glue into place. Dont forget to add the pom pom to make a cute little tail!
9. Lastly, make a shiny gold border for your bunny card, using the gold card and your craft knife. I made mine 1/4 of an inch wide. Glue this to the front of your card to add some beautiful sparkle!
And Thats it! You’re finished, once the glue has dried, your super cute DIY Easter bunny greeting card is ready to be gifted.
I know whoever recieves your card will be so grateful, handmade Easter cards really do make more impact than a store bought one!
You could even make this into a piece of artwork and put it in to a box frame for a perfect Easter gift!
Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Facebook or Instagram, I’d love to see them!
Have a wonderful Easter!