This Easter chick egg craft activity is guaranteed to jazz up your Easter eggs!
What is better than chocolate? How about chocolate dressed as an adorable chick?
Don’t gift boring plain Easter eggs in their boxes, make your gift extra egg-citing by turning it into this super cute chick.
This is the perfect way to raise a smile this Easter. The kids will love to recieve an Easter egg chick and even better, this craft activity is so simple that they could make one as a gift for friends, teachers or grandparents!
What kind of Easter egg can I use to make an Easter Egg Chick?
You can use any kind of easter egg you like!
You can adjust the size of the base to accomodate any size egg however I recommend using an egg that is wrapped in gold, yellow or orange foil, although any colour egg will work just the same.
Watch the video below to see how I made it.
Easter Egg Chick Craft Supplies
To make an adorable Easter egg chick, you will need:
- A sheet of yellow card
- A sheet of orange craft foam.
You can find this here on Amazon, or at a local craft store.
- 2 yellow feathers
Find these here on Amazon.
- A glue stick
- Sticky tape
- Wiggly eyes
Here is a link to some on Amazon.
- A compass, to draw circles. (You could also use a circular object like a bowl if you don’t have a compass)
- A pencil
This post contains affiliate links. See our full disclosure here
Don’t forget to Pin it! Click this save button or the photo below to share and save this adorable little chick on Pinterest!
Easter Chick Egg Craft Method
Follow these easy steps and you will have your own Easter egg chick in no time at all.
1. Take your sheet of yellow card and your compass, then draw one larger circle with a smaller circle inside.
2. Now, draw 2 lines from the center of your circle to the edge to make a pizza slice shape.
3. Use your scissors to cut out your large circle.
4. Next, cut out your pizza slice shape and then cut around he smaller circle line. Your card will now look like the letter C.
5. Wrap your card around to form an open ended cone shape, then secure this with some sticky tape on both the inside and outside.
6. Place your cone shape onto the orange craft foam and draw around the bottom. Add 2 foot shapes to this circle and cut this out to create a base for your chick.
7. Secure the base to the cone shape with some sticky tape.
8. Use some sticky tape to attach a feather to the inside of your cone to give your chick a cute fluffy tail!
9. Place a piece of sticky tape inside your cone and place your Easter egg inside.
10. Cut out 2 wing shapes from your yellow card and then use the glue stick to attach them to the sides of your Easter egg.
11. Cut out a small triangle from your orange craft foam and glue this to the front of your Easter egg, then glue your wiggly eyes on too.
12. The final step is to give your chick some hair! Cut the last feather in half and use the fluffy end. Secure this to the top of your egg with some glue or sticky tape.
You’re all done!
Everyone loves to gift and recieve Easter eggs, but now your gift will stand out from the crowd thanks to this adorable Easter chick egg craft!
You really can’t go wrong with this activity as it is so easy to make, and the best thing is you will have completed yur Easter chick in less than 20 minutes.
Don’t forget to share your creations with me on Facebook or Instagram because I would love to see them!
Have a happy hoppy Easter!